If handouts were emailed to TCA, click on the program to access the handouts. Speakers also have the ability to upload their handouts to the app.
1. Building Healthy Relationships and Supportive Learning Communities Workshop with the Sanford Harmony CASEL SELect Program
3. Ethical Considerations When Working with Immigrant Students
6. Study Smarter, Not Longer
7. Bullying: A Continuum of Behavior
9. Red Cross Disaster Mental Health Fundamentals
10. Personality in Counseling and Classroom: Opening the Door to Connection and Change
11. Preparing Students With High Functioning Autism in Transition to College
12. A Path to Exemplary School Counseling Programs: A Side by Side Look at the Texas Model, the Newly Revised TEMPSC, and the CREST Award Program
13. Successful Online Learners
16. It Takes a Village: Effective Parent Presentations
17. A Call for School Counselor Mentors
18. Tech Savvy School Counseling
22. TSCA Presents: SWAT: A Whole Child Approach to Student Safety
23. TSCA Presents: New Counselor Academy: Basics for Beginners
24. Academic, Career, Personal, Social, Emotional...Oh My!
25. Fighting Goliath: The Teenager's Struggle with Vaping
27. House Bill 3 for School Counselors and New Counselor Supports from TEA
29. Texas Education for Homeless Children and Youth Program: How Counselors Can Support Students Experiencing Homelessness
32. Texas Education Code and the Texas Model for Comprehensive School Counseling Programs: What To Know and Do!
33. 'Why?' The Benefits of Foreign Transcript Evaluation
34. Data, Data, Data! Using Toggl to Track Use of Time
35. Aspirational Advocacy: Helping Our Cause
39. School Counselors in the Court Room: An Overview of Ethical Consideration in the Legal System
40. Taking the Bully by Both Horns: The Usual Suspects and TALK-WALK-TELL
41. How Do We Get Adults to Change?
42. The Roots of Violence: Bullying, Gangs, Violence, Hate Crimes and Kids Killing Kids
43. Comprehensive Counseling Program Ideas for a New Year
44. Rising to the Challenge: Trauma-Informed School Counseling Supports
46. Counselors Working Within School to Community Systems of Mental Health Care for At-Risk Students
47. ROPES Experiential Activities that Build Connection and Promote Growth
48. Brainstorming for Student Success (Or 'You did whaaaaaat?! How did that work out for you?')
50. Understanding and Interpreting Ethical & Legal Standards for School Counselors: A Review of ACA, ASCA, & the Texas Education Code
51. Using Texas OnCourse for Successful Middle to High School Transition: Tools for Understanding Endorsements and Careers
52. US Service Academies and the US Naval Academy: Application, Academics and Student Life
53. Promoting Modern Allyship: Helping Counselors to be Better LGBTQ+ Allies
54. Taking the Next Step in Your Career as a School Counselor
55. Preparing for Crisis Are you Ready?
56. Seeking a Sense of Belonging: Race and Equity and the Role of School Counselors as Builders of Cultural Proficiency
57. Building a Toolkit to Support Mental & Behavioral Health Needs of Students
61. Not Being Heard? The use of Sandtray to Build Strong and Supportive Relationships With Students and School Stakeholders
62. When Students Struggle: Suicide Assessment and Treatment for the School Counselor
63. TEMPSC-III: Enhancing School Counselor Practice Through Job-related Performance Evaluation
65. Prevention and Awareness of School-Aged Child Human Trafficking
66. Conquering the Diseases of Despair with Discoveries in Neuroscience, Mindfulness, and Positive Education
67. Welcome to Southwest Airlines! Please Prepare Your Program for Take Off
69. Renew, Energize, Recreate, and Invigorate - Stressless Integration of Techniques Into Your Environment
70. You Can Earn A CREST!
72. Benefits of Laughter and More
73. How Can We, as Professional School Counselors, Grow our Students and Teachers With Social and Emotional Supports?
77. Be YOU! Addressing Minority Stress with LGBTQ+ Students
78. How can the Texas Education Agency Support the Role of a Professional School Counselor?
80. Generation Wellness
81. I'm Grieving as Fast as I Can' - About Life and Loss
82. Brain Love
83. Understanding and Interpreting Ethical & Legal Standards for School Counselors: A review of ACA, ASCA, & the Texas Education Code
84. Guidance 101
85. Suicidal Ideation and Intervention in Elementary Schools
89. Overcoming Overwhelm:The Power of Resilience!
90. Addressing the Unique Needs of Military Connected Students
91. I'm Fine, We're Fine, It's Fine - Secondary Trauma for Educators
92. School Counselors and Comprehensive SEL Integration
93. Expanding Your Repertoire of Effective Guidance Lessons
94. Duke University Talent Identification Program
95. Supporting Students Experiencing Early Psychosis in Middle School and High School
96. From Chaos to Calm: Why People Behave the Way They Do; What Can I Do About It
98. Holistic Approach to Continuity and Self-care Among Educators: Combining Education and Counseling Theories
99. SCHOLAR: Online Resources and Supports for Texas School Counselors
101. Tough Conversations: A Paradigm for Counselors in Understanding, Leading, and Participating in Complicated Conversations
102. Standing Back Up: Working Through A Traumatic Event (such as Hurricane Harvey)
103. Resilience Can Be Taught: 10 Strategies Proven to Motivate Any Student
104. Close the Tap! Regaining Your Health and Strength Through Thoughtful Self-care
107. The College Admissions Scandal and You: Going to College in the Era of Operation Varsity Blues
110. I Teach Behavior, What's Your Superpower?
LI1. Movies and Music and Play, Oh My!
LI2. Divorced Families: Teaching Ways to Collaborate with Parents on Coping Mechanisms
LI3. Playing Around-Designing Counseling Games for Children and Youth